Statement of Clifton High School's Ethos
Clifton High School is a non-denominational Christian school. We are a community that places importance on knowing each and every member - students, parents, staff and old friends. We place high value on the importance of the individual. We inspire, support and challenge, enabling them to achieve their full potential and excel at their particular talents. We believe that each and every student has a brilliance; within an environment of high expectations, excellent teaching, supportive staff and outstanding pastoral care we create a rich and varied educational experience where they can realise that brilliance.
At Clifton High School we embrace change and strive to be relevant in the 21st Century. We constantly ask questions as to why we are doing things as we do and encourage our students, too, to be flexible, curious and adaptable, even taking them outside their comfort zone, in order that they may achieve all that they can within school and become productive and responsible citizens when they leave. We believe that with the privilege of an excellent education comes responsibility and we send students out into the world who not only have a lifelong passion for learning but who are ready to make a real and positive contribution to society.
We want all our girls and boys to
- Learn in an environment where they will be happy, safe and secure
- Find excitement and satisfaction in learning
- Achieve to the best of their academic potential and enjoy doing so
- Know that they are valued as individuals, whatever their specific talents
- Be given opportunities to challenge themselves in a wide range of extra
curricular activities including sport, music and drama
- Develop the confidence to face new challenges
- Become aware of their responsibilities to the wider world and to those less fortunate
- Leave us with the qualifications they will need to make a successful living and the
qualities they will need to enjoy a fulfilled personal life