This content requires the adobe flash player to run. Please follow this link to install flash Get Flash
or visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash
Clifton High School provides a unique service to students from overseas in the form of homestay accommodation. This is a very attractive option for those students who perhaps might not thrive in a traditional boarding school, but would prefer a more secure and caring atmosphere.
Homestay families are carefully selected by the school and are checked by the authorities. Generally, the family has a child studying at the school or a member of the family is a former student.
Living with a family has many benefits:
- Students are given personal care and attention in a caring, comfortable, home environment
- They appreciate the security that living with a host family brings
- They are involved fully in the host family’s daily life
- They benefit from full immersion in the language and therefore make rapid progress in English
- They have full back-up support from their host family in case of any issues arising during their stay
- Living with a family is great for cultural socialisation and orientation on arriving in a new country and a new environment
- Homestay boarding is a very affordable option compared to traditional boarding offered by the majority of schools
- Students can socialise with the family as much as they wish, and have as much privacy as they need
- Students are not placed into a large, impersonal boarding house where they are ‘just another student’
- They are not continually surrounded by other students of their own nationality, speaking their own language