We offer a broad range of extra-curricular clubs for you to get involved with once you have started your A level studies. A student in the Clifton High Sixth Form can become involved with:
With a scholarship comes responsibility. Sixth Form scholars are expected to research and organise events which may interest all pupils; these cover topics such as future career opportunities or areas of study. Past presentations have included:
- Camouflage in Nature, Art and War
- Formula One Engineering
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Compassion in World Farming
- Code Breaking
- Palliative Medicine
- Corporate Finance
Science Café - a club run by the School for pupils from Year 10 and upwards, based on the same premise as the international Science Cafés which now run worldwide. By creating a relaxed atmosphere within which to deliver information, even cutting edge science becomes accessible as well as enjoyable. During each session pupils learn about and discuss a compelling scientific argument with an expert at the forefront of the field.
Previous Science Cafes have included, but are not limited to:
- Dr Cass Hall: Alien worlds: understanding planets around other stars
- Dr Wakley: The impact of lifestyle on future bone health
- Dr Ruth Morse: The ethics of Heamatopoietic stem cell transplants.