Statement of Clifton High School's Ethos
Clifton High School is a non-denominational Christian school. We are a community that places importance on knowing each and every member - students, parents, staff and old friends. We place high value on the importance of the individual. We inspire, support and challenge the individual, enabling them to achieve their full potential and excel at their particular talents. We believe that each and every student has a brilliance; within an environment of high expectations, excellent teaching, supportive staff and outstanding pastoral care we create a rich and varied educational experience where a student can realise that brilliance.
At Clifton High School we embrace change and strive to be relevant in the 21st Century. We constantly ask questions as to why we are doing things as we do and encourage our students, too, to be flexible, curious and adaptable, even taking them outside their comfort zone, in order that they may achieve all that they can within school and become productive and responsible citizens when they leave. We believe that with the privilege of an excellent education comes responsibility, and we send students out into the world who not only have a lifelong passion for learning but who are ready to make a real and positive contribution to society.
At Clifton High Sixth each and every student is treated as an individual, who deserves the best that we can do.
- Give each pupil an excellent education in a wide range of subjects
- Offer a happy, secure, stimulating environment, where pupils can flourish and enjoy a sense of personal fulfilment
- Develop and foster individual talents and interests
- Offer a broad spectrum of extra-curricular pursuits, with particular emphasis on creative, sporting and practical activities
- Develop self-confidence, self-reliance, initiative and a zest for life
The warm, friendly, supportive atmosphere encourages the growth of a school family where all are recognised as unique human beings with their own gifts and abilities.