The Site is owned and controlled by Clifton High School, registered at College Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3JD. Company number: 11701
All copyright and other rights that subsist in the Site and materials it contains are owned by the Clifton High School (hereafter the School) or other parties. The rights to use the Site and material it contains are limited strictly to those rights set out below.
These terms and conditions are based on a template created The Independent Schools Bursars Association (ISBA) and a template created and distributed by http://www.seqlegal.com/legal-services/website.
Part A - Use of the "Parents and Staff” section of the site
1. Restricted access
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that the password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password.
We may disable your password if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of our website or any other contractual obligation you owe to us.
You agree to:
a) Immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of breach of use by you of these terms, the School may (without prejudice to its other rights and remedies) suspend all use of the Site by you.
Part B - Use of the Site by all users
3. Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved. You may browse, download, view, print, copy onto the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopy) and use all material from the site for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith only. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of the School.
4. Without prejudice to the above, you will, specifically, not use the Site (or any material from it):
a) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
b) in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, offend, distress or inconvenience any person or which encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
c) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
d) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
e) to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
f) to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
g) in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms;
h) in any way that might infringe third party privacy or other rights or is unlawful;
i) to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions; or
j) in any way that might bring the School into disrepute.
5. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of breach of use by you of these terms (without prejudice to its other rights and remedies) the School may suspend your use of the Site.
6. You hereby grant the School a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
7. Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. The School shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
8. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the School, its employees and agents on the Site, the contents of the Site are naturally subject to change from time to time. Some of the material on the Site may be supplied to us by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, the Site is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the Site before entering into any commitment based upon them.
9. The School cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. The School, its officers, employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of the School or its officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, and any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
10. You acknowledge that communications via email or over the Internet can never be entirely reliable or secure and if you chose to communicate with the School through these media you accept that your messages might be lost or intercepted through no fault of the School.
11. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external third party websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of interest or assistance to you. The School is not responsible for the content of these internet sites. Furthermore, on some of the pages of those external websites you may be informed of the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. The School is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by you with any third party.
12. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, the School gives no warranties it will always be free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software. The School excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of the School or its officers) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the Site.
13. The names, images and logos identifying the School or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of the School, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. You agree not to use any such names, images or logos (or any names, images or logos that are confusingly similar to them) without the prior agreement of the School (or the applicable third party). Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and the School reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
14. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
15. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
17. Data Protection - Privacy
Clifton High School complies with the European Data Protection Regulation effective April 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
The data protection officer is Mr Guy Cowper
a) The School is registered under, and will process your personal data in accordance with, data protection legislation.
b) You hereby agree that the information you submit via the Site and any other information sent to the School by you or otherwise obtained by the School about you, including images, ("the Personal Data") may be processed by the School for the following purposes and that any person whose personal data you supply to the School has given you authority to agree to processing of his/her Personal Data for the below purposes:
i) disclosing contact details for all Members on the Site;
ii) enabling the School to carry out its administrative functions;
iii) enabling the School to operate the Site;
iv) providing you with information by email or other means;
v) providing you with information about products and services of the School and other parties;
vi) statistical analysis;
vii) assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site; and
viii) information and databank compilation and administration.
THE PROCESSING OF THE PERSONAL DATA MAY INVOLVE THE SCHOOL DISCLOSING YOUR DETAILS TO REGULATORY BODIES AND/OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
c) Cookie Usage on the Site
A cookie is a tiny piece of information which is sent from a web server to your PC. It contains information defined by the web server which can instruct the cookie to either save into your PCs memory for the duration of the web browser session (temporary), or write to your hard disk for use again on another visit (permanent).
18. Our Temporary Cookies
When you enter your login details to the Site, the username and password are checked against records held in our database. If they match successfully, then the login is authenticated, and our server sends a temporary cookie back to your web browser. This cookie contains information which enables the server to identify the fact that you have already logged in successfully. This is required in order to check that you are authorised to view protected pages within the Site, which are reserved for members only.
19. Our Permanent Cookies
The permanent cookie which is sent to the hard disk contains ONLY your username. This is done simply to save you needing to enter the username when you visit the Site again. Instead, the login form will already contain the username as it was when someone last logged in successfully from the PC.
We may also use web analytics to allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the Site and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
20. Disabling Cookies
Cookies can be disabled by using the Internet Options (or preferences) in your browser, in the Privacy section. However, please note that with cookies disabled, it will NOT be possible to log in the protected area of the Site.